Re: [F_minor] Slaughterhouse 5

 Isn't it great that this Glenn Gould board has come alive again?

-----Original Message-----
From: Reinhold, Christiane <christiane.reinhold@bearingpoint.com>
To: Etha Williams <diftorhehsmusma@gmail.com>; f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Sent: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:23 am
Subject: RE: [F_minor] Slaughterhouse 5

Etha and all,

It is said that the best thing about the film is the music (reviews at the
time).  GG was offered the chance to compose a soundtrack from scratch, but he
declined (was found odd since he always wanted to be known as composer as well,
but that's a whole different thread).  Nevertheless, as far as I know, he was
truly in charge of the music; but didn't like the movie per se. I believe to
recall he said something to the effect that the movie is interesting, but it's
not something one would get to love. I could dig a little and find you more
details - htis is just off the top of my head and it's horribly early on Sunday
morning here in Austin, Texas; the "wheels" are not yet turning!!

All the best,
Cheers,
C.
Christiane Reinhold, Ph.D., PMP