[F_minor] Slaughterhouse 5

I watched Slaughterhouse 5 tonight and thought the use of Bach fragments was
wonderful. What I found most interesting about the soundtrack was that the
film used Bach *fragments -- *even though (or perhaps because) Bach's
compositions are such highly structured things. There is one point, when
they are arriving in Dresden, where the film plays the D Major Concerto
Allegro 3rd mvmnt -- and almost gets to the end, but just before it does,
transitions to the Brandenburg 4 Presto (using a bridge that I think must
have been of Glenn's composing). You never get a full movement -- which is
quite disconcerting with music as structured as Bach's. But it fits with the
general theme of the movie -- a man "unstuck in time," constantly shifting
between different periods of his life, never reaching resolution.

Anyway, I was curious -- does anyone know how much creative input Gould had
in the making of the film? Did he simply provide the excerpts to be used at
the discretion of the film-makers, or did he have an active role in the
creation of the soundtrack for the film? Also, did he ever say (in
interviews, etc) what he thought of the film itself?

I look forward to any thoughts or information you might have --

Etha