[F_minor] Krystian Zimerman and Glenn Gould. Some thoughts.

Dear Fellow Gouldians,

Reading the Life and Arts section of the Financial Times (p16 May 10-11, 2008).  I found some quotes that reminded me of Glenn Gould.

On tinkering with his Steinway:
    "Zimerman has refined every aspect of his Steinway in order to bend it to his will, interchanging separate actions according to which repertoire he is performing.  His narrative would sound obsessive if he didn't couch it in such logical terms."  [Underlining mine.]

On rehearsing for a concert:
    "Often I don't work on a piece at home.  I know what I want to do.  I look at some fragments.  I work on the craftsmanship, and on the piano.  And then I play the piece for the first time in the concert hall.  It's very dangerous, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.  But for me it keeps the music fresh.  The moment I start to practice something, I kill it."
    Again sound familiar?

My favorite part of the Gould film  [32 Short Pieces]  it the one entitled 'Rehearsal'.  What a talent!

Anyway:  Any suggestions on where to start listening to Zimerman the article says he has produced 22 recording.

Peter in Seattle