Re: [F_minor] Can anybody tell...

paul wiener <pwiener@ms.cc.sunysb.edu> wrote: Wasn't this all dealt with last summer?  What's there to know? It's a
fantastic idea/recording that some performance purists are bound to
have problems with.  The closest we'll ever come to robotizing Glenn
Gould . The bottom line: get it.

Opinions will vary.  I hated the sound of the piano (supposedly voiced to sound like Gould's Steinway, but it really sounded like just another colorless Yamaha), as well as the fuzzy reverberant recording.  The hands weren't always synchronized properly, for whatever reason.  I was hugely disappointed, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it with my own money.  There is so much more to a pianist's sound than note volume and approximations of pedaling.  It wasn't Gould.  It's an amazing gimmick, but that's about it, IMHO.

Bottom line:  it sounded like a Diskclavier.