RE: [F_minor] Re: Cornelia Foss reveals all!!!

Gee, and I thought I was behaving myself reasonably well, and suddenly two
Unsubscribe requests. My sincere apologies if this thread pushed anyone's
buttons.

But there also seem to be several GG worshippers who took the time to
express their pleasure in reading about the years when GG found love with a
remarkably interesting, talented, artistic woman.

Never mind my corny old jokes. This list puts every aspect of GG under a
constant high-magnification microscope. I found it absolutely charming to
hear his lover Cornelia Foss remember with great fondness his sense of
humor -- an aspect he did not overdisplay to the public. From The Star
interview:

***
She also fell for his sense of humour. One day he rolled on the floor
laughing because the University of Toronto had started a course: "The Mind
of Glenn Gould." "`Imagine how ridiculous!' he said. He wanted to go to a
class, disguised in a wig, but he never did."
***

Love, fun, joy, romance, even corny jokes and pranks -- you can't strip
great musicians of these things, except arbitrarily and synthetically, and
if you do, how does it add to our respect for and honor of them? What
should we all agree to properly restrict our discussions to? Just the way
he moved his fingers on a keyboard? How very inhuman and bloodless. This
wonderful music was not made by an inhuman and bloodless man, just by a
very private man. We've been gifted not with an invasion of his chosen
privacy, but with a loving memoir of someone who shared love with him.

Bob / Massachusetts USA