RE: [F_minor] Re: Cornelia Foss reveals all!!!

I second those kind thoughts.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: f_minor-bounces@email.rutgers.edu
[mailto:f_minor-bounces@email.rutgers.edu] On Behalf Of Robert Merkin
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 4:10 PM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: RE: [F_minor] Re: Cornelia Foss reveals all!!!

Gee, and I thought I was behaving myself reasonably well, and suddenly
two Unsubscribe requests. My sincere apologies if this thread pushed
anyone's buttons.

But there also seem to be several GG worshippers who took the time to
express their pleasure in reading about the years when GG found love
with a remarkably interesting, talented, artistic woman.

Never mind my corny old jokes. This list puts every aspect of GG under a
constant high-magnification microscope. I found it absolutely charming
to hear his lover Cornelia Foss remember with great fondness his sense
of humor -- an aspect he did not overdisplay to the public. From The
Star
interview:

***
She also fell for his sense of humour. One day he rolled on the floor
laughing because the University of Toronto had started a course: "The
Mind of Glenn Gould." "`Imagine how ridiculous!' he said. He wanted to
go to a class, disguised in a wig, but he never did."
***

Love, fun, joy, romance, even corny jokes and pranks -- you can't strip
great musicians of these things, except arbitrarily and synthetically,
and if you do, how does it add to our respect for and honor of them?
What should we all agree to properly restrict our discussions to? Just
the way he moved his fingers on a keyboard? How very inhuman and
bloodless. This wonderful music was not made by an inhuman and bloodless
man, just by a very private man. We've been gifted not with an invasion
of his chosen privacy, but with a loving memoir of someone who shared
love with him.

Bob / Massachusetts USA

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.