Re: [F_minor] Gould and jazz

10 years ago here, February 1996 (and some more in 1997), we had a lively discussion about the Bill Evans album "Symbiosis" that GG raved about. Apparently, a copy of the score was also found in Gould's estate.

For a while, Verve promoted this album with a sticker on the outside of the packaging, proclaiming Gould's endorsement of this music. Maybe they still have that sticker? "What a tremendous impression it has made upon me. 'Symbiosis' is very much my kind of music. I have been listening [to it] almost obsessively. ... [It has] had a particular influence upon me over the years."

This album was composed and conducted by Claus Ogermann, who also had been the main arranger for Barbra Streisand's album "Classical Barbra"--another Gould favorite album.