[F_MINOR] Bach Around the Clock

Good afternoon F_Minor
This is slightly off-topic (apologies) but Bach-enthusiasts among you, who do not actually live
in the UK, may be interested to know that BBC Radio 3, starting yesterday, is currently engaged
in a marathon broadcast of all J S Bachs's works. Yes, the whole lot! (interspersed with
interviews and items about Bach's life and work). They are calling it "A Bach Christmas" and it
is running  continuously, day and night, until 5p.m. (GMT) on Christmas Day.
You can listen online, if you wish., and you will find more about it (and Radio 3 in general)
at:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3
For the record I have glanced through the listings - close-printed columns of tiny type in the
Radio Times! - and have found only three items by our man, Mr Gould; but there are of course
many items of interest, by many musicians, both present day and from the past. They seem to be
including quite a lot of Bach's keyboard works performed on the harpsichord.
The GG items I found were (all times are GMT):-

 -French Suite BWV 812  on Monday 19 dec (sometime between 7 and 10 a.m.
-Goldberg Variations (1955 version) sometime between 7 and 10 in the evening on Friday 23 Dec
- and , at 4.54  a.m. on the morning ofSaturday 24th Dec (for British insomniacs):  the Prelude
and Fugues BWV 897 and BWV 898.
It often seems to me that Glenn Gould and his legacy are perhaps not as widely appreciated in
this country (the UK) as in other parts of the world, but I have no idea why this should be.
Would anyone else care to comment on this? On what would have been GG's 70th birthday our
Classic FM radio station broadcast a short concert of his recordings, and the guy who introduced
it admitted that although he had not previously taken much note of Gould's work, but was
certainly moved to listen to more of it in future. He also read out an email I sent during the
broadcast, in which I mentioned that GG had a large following round the world and if people were
interested, I told them about the GG Foundation ...and F_Minor!
Seasons greetings to all
Kate

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for
they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. "
T. E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of W

--

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn