[F_MINOR] Colorized Music Rides Again! [was:] RE: [F_MINOR] Interesting Article

Well okay if youse afficianadi read that Long Recycled Old Thing I sent when this Ghost Pianist subject first came up, my Thingie about the Weldt Superplayerpiano, This Has All Happened Once Before Long Ago.

So is this "Colorized Piano Playing"? Should we drag this guy off and tar and feather him, like Pauline Kael urged a small, tastefully dressed lynch mob to do to Ted Turner when she ran her Silent & B&W Movie Kult from a corner of the New Yorker?

Read my Long Thing again. There is a quote about what it sounds like to listen to Dead Guys trapped in the Robot Ghost Box playing a Steinway, and the quote is by a Canadian teenager (he was interviewed late of a summer night in the parking lot of a Tim Horton's in Simcoe) who was taking piano lessons named Glenn Gould. Also Leoncavallo has a pithy comment.

This has all happened before. And Little Glenn has Very Crisp Opinions about this Robotically Colorized Music.

(Later, as he grew and matured, he would become wishy-washy and never want to hurt anybody's self-esteem by sharing his feelings with them about any matter, topic or subject, musical or otherwise.)

I, too, have heard magical Colorized Music from the Spirit World, ivory-tickling from those who have -- what's that phrase? Taken The A Train, Gotten Off at The Better Place. I think that's the phrase. I have heard these Haunting Eery Spirit Sounds before.

Do I have an opinion? Sure. (Does anyone care? Hmmmmmmmm.)

Hey. The Ghost Music is way cool. Rad. Phat. Awesome. Buy the CD. I only wish Weldt had captured just one or two piano pieces by Jerry Lee Lewis before he hasn't passed away yet. Jerry plays piano with many more body parts than merely the hands and feet.

Thanks for the way cool rad phat awesome Times article! Not only does Cortot live again -- but the Geist of the crazy fin-du-Siecle (does that phrase still mean the same since Y2K? Qui parle francaise? I only speak NAFTA Microwave French, not the same, the microwave has never yet told me to FIN DU SIECLE anything) Euro-inventor Edwin Weldt -- well, to borrow a familiar phrase from The Lone Ranger: The Old Boffin Rides Again!

Bob

P.S. Google Stockham. Also, I think, in the Beyond now. But scratchy squawky old Edison cylinders of Enrico Caruso were driving him nuts, so he became the first to toss archival music onto the Digitizer and remove offensive non-operatic content the purely mathematical way, like cleaning your apartment with equations. (Just try to hang on. Someday. It's coming.) And now you can listen to Caruso, and you'd swear the guy was warbling Ridi, Pagliacco in 1930. And that's not chopped liver. This new Robot Music Colorizer is probably just Stockham V.43, Stockham Soundstream (Release 2005), Stockham on Steroids.

<snip>

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website