Re: [F_MINOR] Surely this is The Mother of All OTs (and don't call meShirley)

Yo Fred werd sup --

I have been having some troubles during the last ten years with recovered memories, well, with just one. I am overwhelmingly convinced that, at or around age 17 or 18, I was one of Screamin Jay Hawkins' pallbearers at a performance somewhere in or around Washington DC. My brother, six years older than I, has confronted me about this hallucination, and insists he was the pallbearer and I was not one of the other pallbearers. Perhaps someone has archival 16mm movie film of this concert and this dispute can someday be resolved.

Till then -- I can dream.

In any case, whichever Merkin brother carried Screamin' Jay onstage, placed the coffin on a head-end-high rig so that the audience could view the corpse surrounded by a hundred Firetrap? brand candles, and then walked solemnly offstage as Screamin slowly, eerily rose from the dead and climbed out of the coffin ... this was Screamin's road manager's first chore upon hitting a new town -- to ask around to find a local funeral home which (for a prominent free mention of the establishment) would loan him a nice coffin for the evening. I think at this particular DC show, a Jewish funeral home did the honors, but Screamin had no ethnic or religious prejudices, any nice, comfy cozy coffin would do.

Cf. also "Ed Wood." Rent the DVD tonight.

Glenn Gould. Piano. Bach.

Bob the Musical Pallbearer (or maybe Bob's brother)

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website