Re: [F_MINOR] Surely this is The Mother of All OTs (and don't call meShirley)

At 04:50 PM 6/2/2005 -0400, Robert Merkin wrote:
I have been having some troubles during the last ten years with recovered
memories, well, with just one. I am overwhelmingly convinced that, at or
around age 17 or 18, I was one of Screamin Jay Hawkins' pallbearers at a
performance somewhere in or around Washington DC. My brother, six years
older than I, has confronted me about this hallucination, and insists he
was the pallbearer and I was not one of the other pallbearers. Perhaps
someone has archival 16mm movie film of this concert and this dispute can
someday be resolved.
 (...)
Cf. also "Ed Wood." Rent the DVD tonight.
(...)
Bob the Musical Pallbearer (or maybe Bob's brother)

Dangit, I tried to Google "merkin" with "I'm feeling lucky" and it gave me *this*: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_232.html

Anyway, good luck with the recovered memories.  Maybe the GG recording of
the Grieg sonata, allegedly channeling his relative, would help?  That and
those really Slooooo...oo...oooowwwww records of the "Siegfried Idyll"?

Brad Lehman

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn