Re: [F_MINOR] FW: [F_MINOR] Glenn plays Liszt

Title: FW: [F_MINOR] Glenn plays Liszt

Hi List,

Yeah, using the Nancy Canning catalog, to me it looks like the Music and Arts disc should be the same as the one later issued by Sony.

Timings for the two different recordings of the first movement below. Eric remembers correctly; There is quite a difference in tempo.

First movement only, found on the Beethoven 5th disc: 9’59.

First movement on the complete 6th disc: 12’21.

Anyone heard the Scherbakov version of the 6th for solo piano on Naxos?

Not much magic there for me. And he completes the symphony in only 39 minutes, whereas Gould takes a leisurely 55.

This Gould/Liszt/Beethoven complete 6th is one of my all-time favorite recordings of anything.

Jim