Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 12:21 PM
Subject: [F_MINOR] Brahms #1

with Glenn is on CBC now. I had not listened to it in a year or so. Bernstein's long introduction sounds fresh and funny after all these years. What struck me about Glenn's performance is that it does not sound as perverse as I expected. He always approached Brahms like a miner, looking much deeper for hidden veins of meaning. Of course from time to time he did use extremes in his methodology. The results are very interesting and not at all as sour or crazy as the pundits then and now pronounce. I think it is still a worthy exposition of Brahms even though not a traditional working

regards,

Fred Houpt

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website