Re: Pierre Boulez Sonata No.1

To Nessie Russell and List:

There is at least two recordings of the Boulez Piano Sonata No. 1 that I am aware of:

  1. Claude Helffer (Piano)

       Astree-Auvidis – E 7716  (Compact Disc)

Published in 1986

     This is paired with Boulez’s Piano Sonatas Nos. 2 and 3

I do not know if this recording is still available though …

  1. Idil Biret (Piano)

Naxos 8.553353 (Compact Disc)

This is paired with Boulez’s other two piano sonatas (nos. 2 and 3)

Published in 1995

I believe this is still available, but I could be wrong. I hope this helps.

Daniel Vaiser