GG: Gould's francophonie...

Hi Elmer!,

First I would like to start this message saying how good it feels to find
your messages in my InBox. F_Minor is probably my favorite place on earth (a
very post-modern situation... One of those maffesolistic scholars is
probably writing "No-Place or, Cyberspace and the Metaphysical Ethos"
somewhere... How easy it is to make money these days...) and the lines
written by you, by Bradley, Anne, Mary Jo, Jacqueline, Juozas, Valeria and
so many others are a kind of (very gouldian) antidote to solitude.

Anyway.... regarding Mr. Gould's french. I think that it's on the Friedrich
book... When Bruno Monsaigneon was shooting "The Alchemist" they tried to
have Gould speaking french in at least some parts of the film. The results
were really disappointing and they decided to keep it all in English and go
straight to french subtitles.

I'm at the University Lab right now, so I can't really check in the book, I
hope somebody else out there will correct me if I'm wrong. I just wonder if
some of that footage, Glenn Gould trying to impersonate Glenn Gould in
french, could be found somewhere...

Love you all,

Luiz Gonçalo