[no subject]

I see your point, but don't agree.  Unless you can call yourself an
academic scholar on Gould, doing a PhD dissertation on him, or his
mother, you cannot make assumptions on the nationalistic belief system
of a man you never knew, and who's been dead for many years.

Also disagree with the idea that those with artistic temperments don't
have political views, that political reality is this cold, sobering
place where artists of the ethereal world never go, but would prefer to
escape from - very untrue, if soviet artists of the early 20th century
are any indication.  I am an artist by trade (and, unfortunately, an
administrator), and have very stong political views, as do many of my
friends who are also in the trade :)

Just saying my piece.  Cheers!