Re: hmm?

I vote with your brother, too.  But like Elmer, I  had better be careful
what I say ! ....Strill, I can't imagine Glenn Gould either  as anything but
antiwar in principle. This was a guy who cared about his fellow creatures;
in his  will he left most of his estate to the Humane Society  to save
animals and to the Salvation Army to help homeless people. Surely a man who
cared so much about saving even animals from an untimely death (remember his
totally impractical dream of owning a farm in order  to gather together all
illtreated and unloved farm animals, and let them live out their natural
lives in peace )  - would care as much for his fellow men? And much as he
loved justice, he might not have been convinced that fighting a war  was
automatically the best way of ensuring that justice be done.

He  seems to have been a patriotic man - he said how much  he loved Canada
and recognised it had been good to him - but I think that he would never
have condoned actually  going to war, except, perhaps in the direst of
circumstances, and then I think he might have bowed to the inevitable but
with great reluctance and sadness.

Kate