From: Harding.Matthew <Matthew.Harding@CIC.GC.CA>
To: F_MINOR@email.rutgers.edu <F_MINOR@email.rutgers.edu>
Date: Friday, March 21, 2003 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: the alchemist dvd

But I think perhaps the original question was not about the Alchemist
(Bruno's production), but about the small "bonus" track that accompanies
the DVD. This is where a short silent film of GG playing some cross-hand
passages is commented upon by Bruno. I believe he says it was an
analysis of GG performed by someone, who analyzed various pianists in
slow motion. It is very grainy and I believe dates from 1950. I can't
recall off hand if this is the case. Can anyone confirm?

If that was the case, perhaps other logic applies. But I do agree with
Jim Morrison that it sounds like common practice to mask out the piano
manufacturer. Perhaps it was simply that the television show or
production did not want to allow "advertising" from manufacturers, no
matter how slight. We have very strange laws with regards to that sort
of thing here in Canada (CBC hockey games where they are not allowed to
show fans waving banners that say TV network names on them!!).

Just a thought,
Matthew