From: Karl Berry [mailto:karl@FREEFRIENDS.ORG]
Sent: March 21, 2003 8:29 AM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: Re: the alchemist dvd

    when showing Glenn's hands on the piano, you can see that somebody
put a
    black tape over the trademark name of the piano. because of the
shape
    and also the symbol above the tape i guess it's a steinway so i
don't
    see the reason for putting a tape over the name??

I've never read any speculation about it in the books.  Bruno
Monsaigneon himself presumably knows, if anyone knows how to ask him :).

I had the impression that the piano in the film was Steinway CD 318,
GG's usual piano for most of his career.  So I don't think there would
have been any reason to cover it up on that score.  It seems strange.

I don't recall for sure either way if GG signed an exclusivity contract
with Steinway, but either he didn't or he got of it, since he used a
Yamaha for the second Goldbergs, etc., at the end of his life.  (As most
people on this list already know, I'm sure :)

FWIW ...