Glenn Gould on snow and music

We are beginning the second week of March.  Here in Ontario it snowed again.
 The snowbanks are so high that crossing an intersection is like playing
Russian Roulette.  Too windy and cold to go outside today.  Found this quote
from Glenn Gould.  Made me feel better so I thought I would share it.

"I rememer, when I was a kid, I always associated the New York Philharmonic
broadcast, which we used to hear on Sunday asternoons, with great, vast
fields of snow - white and grey.  We used to go up north to the country for
weekends and, about four o'clock in the afternoon, the Philharmonic would be
on when we were on our way back to Toronto.  And, in wintertime, it was
usually grey - a sort of endless vista of snow, frozen lake, horizon, this
sort of thing - and Beethoven never sounded so good."

On the Record

James

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail