Re: completely off topic

From: "Anne M. Marble" <amarble@SFF.NET>
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: Re: completely off topic
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:29:46 -0500

, I read an astonishing anecdote about Bill Evans. After
finishing one
of his major recordings, he tried to shoot up, and he was so jumpy that he
ended up hitting a nerve or something. Ugh. :( His right hand was
temporarily paralzyed. But he still had a gig coming up that weekend, and
he couldn't miss it. So he played all the pieces solely (or almost solely)
with his left hand. He did so well that word spread and people came just to
see him play the pieces entirely left-handed. The gig lasted two weeks.

------
Anne M. Marble

Dear Anne

This is indeed a fascinatng anecdote re- Bill Evans,a fantastic talent.
Truly tragic with his addiction but you mention it is related to GG. I don't
see the connection. Gould surely never 'shot-up.' Pills yes, but smack,
surely not.Was there some other connection between the Gouldster and Bill
Evans?

Thanks

Peter Lyon
London, England