Re: The Wars - on German TV

Anyone who can should tape this-- it's not available on video. Or it
hasn't been-- unless it's come out very recently. I've seen a dub from
the producers and Gould's contribution is very interesting. I think
his sense of structure comes out in the way he uses the theme (Brahms)
with the story line. He was unsympathetic to Slaughterhouse Five as a
story but his soundtrack was very interesting there. With The
Wars-- it seems the musical choice is as emotional as cerebral.

My impressions, at any rate.

Happy viewing!
Mary Jo

Mary Jo Watts | mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu
listowner f_minor | http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn
PhD Candidate, Program in Comparative Literature