GG Portraits

Jim,
I am curious what is on the video of "Glen Gould a Portrait".  About a year ago I ordered "Glenn Gould two Portraits" from amazon.  I received one video with the following on it:

Off the Record.  At his cottage retreat near Lake Simcoe, Ontario, Gould revels in his freedom from public performances, playing the piano for an audience of one--his collie.  He rambles through the woods while chatting about composition with fellow musician Franz Draemer. ( this is copied from the back of the vi doe)

On the Record.  In New York for a recording session, Gould jokes with a cab driver, banters with sound engineers and tapes Bach's "Italian Concerto".  This is the other side of Gould--the creator and interpreter of music who is vigorous, sensitive, self-critical, and hard to satisfy. (This from the back of the video also)

I like the video very much and it contrasts with the one of GG playing the Goldberg Variations in 1981 that I also enjoy.

I received as a gift this week the Sony WTC #1on two CDs with GG but haven't had a chance to play it because there are to many people around just now that don't appreciate classical piano music.  Oh dear. Will let you know how I like it later.  On amazon several people didn't care for it and recommended other recordings by other pianists but I persisted because GG is my favorite Bach pianist.

Fred Stubbings
velfred@earthlink.net
Run virus scan weekly