Re: GG Hit List

Best intimate 'live' performance:
GG playing JS Bach Kunst der Fuge Contrapunctus I @ Uptergrove, 1959
(taken from GG Off the Record)

Note: I like the version above better than either his organ or piano
version of the same work.

Best comedy:
"Hysterical Return", from the Silver Jubilee Album

Best *Almost* lost documentary:
GG conducting Mahler (I forgot which work) with an European orchestra (I
forgot which) around 1959(?) (taken from one of GG's Collection series)

Note: Film quality questionable.  Despite it was a bit confusing at first
to see him conduct left-handed, even then he displayed a great potential
as a conductor.  I DO remember that the performance was rather awesome.

Best Contrast between Music and Movie Themes by GG:
Slaughterhouse Five

Note: Gotta love the great contrast of the calm, sad theme of JS Bach's
F-moll concerto 2nd mvt with the firebombing of Dresden.

Last but not least:
Favorite Compilation:
"32 Short Films about Glenn Gould" original soundtrack

Note: An excellent blend.  I am the type of person who would go crazy if
listening to Schoenberg, Berg, Webern, Krenek, etc. in one fell swoop.

--lain

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com