Re: Responding to "glenn gould as god" etc.

In a message dated 11/6/2002 4:19:15 PM Mountain Standard Time, ml writes:

.  It was mere
hyperbole.  Maybe a better word would be, "absolute and utter role
model."  There...that sounds better.

Hei Michael,

You certainly couldn't ask for a better role model! I know what you meant and your enthusiam is refreshing. Sometimes we tend to get a bit stodgy here,LOL!
I, too, remember when I was in High school, (long ago!) listening to to Bach and getting crap from my friends about it. I didn't play piano, my instrument was, (and is) classical guitar. Classical, _not_ flamenco (lots of folks get the two mixed up). I specialized
in music from the Baroque era. Now I'm learning to play 10 string kantele, (a sort of Finnish harp). After being immersed in reading the Kalavala, I _had_ to learn kantele! It's interesting how one thing leads to another, to another and so on.

Keep your passion and enthusiasm,

Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com