composers playing their own concertos (was GG hagiography)

Yeah, somewhere I have the LP of Prokofiev playing his own 3rd.  Well
done.  Also, even better, Shostakovich playing both his concertos.

Please tell us you HAVE heard Rachmaninoff's recordings of all his own
concertos and the Rhapsody!  If not, run get them...either the RCA or the
newer Naxos.  And the way he conducted his 3rd symphony, wow!

Ravel's own recording of "Bolero" is excellent, as well.

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
home: http://i.am/bpl  or  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot