Re: Pet Clark and Glenn Gould - a bunch of questions

Title: Re: Pet Clark and Glenn Gould - a bunch of questions

(Original questions from James Whyskeychan)

Did Petula Clark ever sing in Toronto?

I don't know...but she did appear a few weeks ago here in Eastbourne, England!

Did Glenn Gould ever play in London England?

Yes,  once, towards the end of May 1959. See this link:-

http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/chronology/fch55-59.htm#1959

Did they ever meet?

 I  don't think so. I can't quote the source, but I remember reading that in an interview  that took place well after Gould's death,  someone asked Petula Clark if she had been aware of his interest in her work, and if she knew that he had written an article about her. Apparently she did not ....well, not at the time at least;  she had learnt about it only after he died.

Kate