accordion Goldbergs

Hello all & Valeria,

I've been enjoying F minor for a while, and finally had to jump in with a
first posting.

Stefan Hussong's accordion version of the goldbergs is a treat. Just by
co-incidence I met him recently in connection with a project I'm working on,
and he said the reason he did it is because of Gould.

Stefan first discovered Gould on a TV program. Impressed, he rushed out to
by the variations & played them non-stop for two months. He became inspired
to play them on his own instrument - and discovered he didn't need to change
a note. The accordion has two manuals after all, and the trick was sorting
out the voicing. (obviously there's more than a "trick" or two to playing
great goldbergs...)

It's a great performance - lots of depth and colour. It shows up under
Hussong's discography (interesting in itself) on the web, so I'm assuming
it's still available.

By the way the Canadian Brass goldberg variations has just won an Echo award
(German equivalent of Grammies) in the chamber music category. FYI They also
made their recording because of Gould...

Bye!

Hele...