Admiration for GG

While reading "Reflections from the Keyboard" by David Dubal 1st Edition several years ago (This before I got the bug, the GG bug that is)  I noticed that so many of the pianists interviewed had positive things to say about GG:
Gary Graffman, Horacio Gutierrez, Evgeny Kissin, Pogarelich, Andras Schiff, Andre Watts,Emanuel Ax, David Bar-Illan, Van Cliburn, Bella Davidovich, and Phillippe Entremont. Even David Dubal seemed to respect GG a lot.  And then there was the wonderful picture of GG (1st edition).  A man totally involved with the music he was playing and obviously at ease on his old chair in comfortable clothes.  I just had to rush out and by a CD by GG to find out what he sounded like.  It was the Two and Three part Inventions I chose first because as a student I had played some Bach and had the book to follow along with.

Needless to say, I was just enthralled.

It really doesn't matter what Brendel has to say about GG.  With a following like GG has Brendel doesn't stand a chance of convincing any of us that GG is anything but great.  Do you suppose Brendel got some feedback after the interview in which he made his remarks?

Sorry if I misspelled any names.

--- Fred Stubbings
--- velfred@earthlink.net