Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:57:28 -0400
From: GPGennaro@aol.com
To: mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu
Subject: Gould / Buffalo

Encountered your web site and discussion board while
constructing a discography (understandingly limited)
for the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra.  Various
sources indicate Glenn Gould performances at Kleinhans
of Beethoven 3rd (Krips; Feb. 7, 1958); Beethoven 5th
(Krips; Nov. 6,7, and 8, 1960; and Beethoven 3rd (no
conductor listed; Jan. 1963).  The first item from 1953
appears on a Krips discography as [Unissued?].

I was curious whether you or your fellow Gould experts
have ever encountered any of these recordings
circulating on LP, tape, or CD.  If you are aware of
any specifics, I'd like to add them to the list.

Jerry Gennaro
(GPGennaro@aol.com)

P.S.  I also recall that Sony's first ad for the Glenn Gould
edition promised recordings made in several cities (including
Buffalo), but that no Buffalo recording ever appeared
from Sony.