Re: Headphones!

At 04:01 AM 07/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:

I think Sennheiser open-air "cans" are the best. Besides their superior
full-frequency music reproduction, you can hear someone in the room behind
you yelling "FIRE!" or "Here's the $50 I owe you!"

Just to drop some experience here: in every acoustic recording session that I have done, I have taken my own pair of Sennheisers with me [just in case the studio didn't have any!]. I usually record with one ear covered and the other half off. The advantage is that you can hear the acoustic sound of the other players, while hearing any other playback that is necessary. The advantage with the Sennheisers is that they have a good frequency response and that they are _very_ durable - an asset that is needed in a studio. My good friend Chris Dench, who used to be one of the top contemporary reviewers in Australia, always listened on headphones to a recording that he was reviewing.

Bruce