Fw: GG a Question of Sex

correction! error! Camille PAGLIA !!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Elmer Elevator <bobmer.javanet@rcn.com>
To: f_minor@email.rutgers.edu <f_minor@email.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: GG a Question of Sex

Oh oh oh if this thread does generate some spontaneous interest, I think these issues stray into a very famous controversy from 1990, Camille Pagia's book "Sexual Personae -- Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson." I will absolutely not try to explain Pagila's thesis here, but who else remembers it and the way she dealt with these issues? What did you think of it?

Bruce Petherick has offered a lot of valuable insights, as well as recollections of his conservatory experience. An awful lot of f_minorites had formal music training. What do you gals and guys recall about the Gender Issue in conservatory or any music education setting, even or especially A Child's First Musical Schooling?

ElmerBob