Re: GG and Marriage

My OAPS was a pretty gifted child piano student and went pretty far into the classical repertoire with very fine teachers. But didn't keep it up as an adult. She's an enthusiastic but not particularly obsessive or dedicated listener, and didn't have much listening familiarity with GG when we married and merged our music collections. Last year I cranked up my beloved GG Mozart. She walked over to the stereo with the screwiest look of confusion and suspicion on her face and asked me very sincerely if the CD player was broken.

Elmer
-----Original Message-----
From: James Whiskeychan <ojibwa50@HOTMAIL.COM>
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU <F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU>
Date: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 8:48 PM
Subject: GG and Marriage

In a personal e-mail to Mattew I made mention of mixed marriages.  I meant when only 1/2 of the couple appreciated Music a la Gould.
My otherwise almost perfect spouce makes a point of leaving the room or even the house when Mr. Gould begins to play.
Kate mentioned a friend who does not like Glenn's playing.  How many people have this problem at home?

James