Re: Chromatic Fantasia - Schnabel / Gould ... Serkin

And could you remind what were Gould's arguments about why this is one of Bach's
worst works? It was mentioned in this mailing list, I guess (the lack of
structure in the work, or something like that) but I can't remember it exactly
and don't have the film now. Actually, the word "bad" is more often applied to
the works by young Bach - and he was 35 or so when he wrote the Chromatic F&F
:))

Is there any information what other Bach's works Gould did not like? (except for
those he hasn't recorded)

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/141/juozas_rimas.html

Hi,
I remember Gould telling in an interview (probably to Bruno Montsaingeon
while video-recording the Chromatic Fantasy) that the Chromatic Fantasy
was one of the Bach's worst works!

It is hard to play at Gould's level something that is considered awful
also for Gould himself!

Ciao,
Antonio

_______