Re: Chromatic Fantasia - Schnabel / Gould ... Serkin

Well,
unfortunately for different reasons I cannot see the video now (probably
in the nest months).  As far as
I remember Gould was complaining about the lack of structure and things
like that.

There are some others italians on the list, so if they saw the TV show
and/or recorded it and/or remember it they could reply. It was
on RaiTre I think around 1994, some years after they showed the whole set
of documentaries on Gould (the ones presented by Rattalino)

Cheers,
Antonio

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Juozas Rimas wrote:

> And could you remind what were Gould's arguments about why this is one of Bach's
> worst works? It was mentioned in this mailing list, I guess (the lack of
> structure in the work, or something like that) but I can't remember it exactly
> and don't have the film now. Actually, the word "bad" is more often applied to
> the works by young Bach - and he was 35 or so when he wrote the  Chromatic F&F
> :))
>
> Is there any information what other Bach's works Gould did not like?
(except for
> those he hasn't recorded)
>
> Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
> http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/141/juozas_rimas.html