Re: Glenn Gould in "The True Life of J.S. Bach"

Hello Allan and list:

I only have a partial comment about your inquiry and I
thank you for saying something like this because I was
for a while thinking of a related question.
We always hear that Gould´s greatest quality is
clarity and that he didn´t go for colors in music. But
I do hear some colors in his music. I agree with you,
he is dry sometimes he is reserved in his singing
style but yet he shows colors. They are so subtle so
delicate and to me, that is why we love his playing
the
way we do. But I also agree there are so many other
pianists that are so talented. Maybe Gould was also
extra charismatic and people payed so much attention
him and his "unique" lifestyle than that also
indirectly made him more irresistible. But I am sure
there are other things too, I just can´t think of them
right now.

waiting for more thoughts.

Sara