new member

Hi,
I'm Madita, 19 years old and a new member. I hope this
is the right way of posting a message, because I have
never been in such a mailing list before and have no
idea  of how this one works.
I know Goulds music as long as I can think - my mother
used to listend to it  when I was little all the time
- and that is probably why I love his recordings more
than any other. But I like Ivo Pogorelich, for
example, too and I would like to know if anyone knows
anything about his attitude towards Gould. In the
Friedrich Biography somebody, I think Tim Page, says
that  Pogorelich did not like the 81 Goldbergs as much
as the one of 1955, but I don't know why he mentions
him. At least Friedrich does not mention him again.
I also recall that Kevin Bazzana  maintains in his
book that Pogorelich was influenced by Gould, but
neither does he give any examples nor further details
of this influence.
I'm looking forward to getting more information about
this issue,
M.