The relationship between Glenn Gould and Shakespeare

Dears Fminor,
The Glenn Gould's mind is deeply sharp and fascinating : each aspect of His activity is a world of interesting discovery
Gould was a deep reader of English and Russian Literature.
 I read in the Glenn Gould's  " Selected Letters" that He was producer in " Lower Rosedale Shakespeare Reading Society"
(Letter dated January 27 1960 wrote to Edith Boeker).
Gould was also  "Technician Director"and reader in this Society founded by himself
Could you tell me more about the relationship between Gould and Shakespeare and this Society?
Many thanks

Valeria Massari