Re: Greetings from a new member

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for sharing that. While one person comes into contact with a great
many people in their life time, I mean actual "hi nice to meet you" contact,
there are all sorts interesting stories in people who happened to be in the
same place as someone famous, or someone who worked near someone we know.

I think it's neat to know the stories of people who came into contact or
almost did with Glenn Gould. Your parents are lucky to know what Glenn Gould
was like in three dimensions. There are so many of us who will only be able
to fill in those things with the use of our imagination.

For example, when I read the post scripts in your letter, I couldn't help
but imagine a lobby of a hotel, in colour, no doubt one I've been to in my
life, and your mother looking something like Leah Thompson (back to the
future fame) and she was in colour too, but Mr. Gould being in Black and
White. Because I've seen so few colour pictures of him.

The same with the Cafeteria, but for some reason I imagined that whole scene
in this sort of video quality much like the Goldberg variations video.

Thank you again, and welcome aboard.

Cheerio,
Glenn