Re: GG on WC :)

> I disagree with Juozas about Wendy Carlos.  I don't know which article you
> are referring to in your post.  This is from the August 1980 edition of
> Contemporary Keyboard:

I didn't say I was sure Gould wasn't ironic in his review of Carlos but I got
the impression from this document:
http://members.aol.com/WenCarlos/ggsob.html

Anyway, as Elmer pointed out, part of Gould's reaction was definitely a secret
envy to the Robot.

> I have heard from many people that Wendy Carlos was the artist that turned
> them on to Bach.  For this alone, he/she should be applauded.

Yes, I agree. Popularizing of classical music is welcome (unless, of course,
people don't stick to Carlos or Vanessa Mae and proceed to find real
performances).

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/141/juozas_rimas.html