Re: GG: Releases for 70th?

> A small wish: someone SOMEONE out there in
> the world videotaped all or most of GG's live
> concerts before 1964 and has them stashed
> somewhere in a vault, waiting for 2002 to come
> College students can dream too! :-)

Hi Theresa,

Although many return to college later in life, I suspect you
are of the majority of students not yet born in 1964.

Professional videotape was still in its infancy in the period
through 1964.  Sony introduced the first consumer VTR (an open
reel 1/2 inch helical scan deck) in 1963.  The U-matic cartridge
followed in 1969 (1971 in the US); Betamax arrived in the US in
1975.  VHS first appeared in Japan in October 1976.

So I suspect your hypothetical pre-1964 concert archive would more
likely exist in the medium Anne M. Marble refers to as "filum". :-)

John