Re: GG 20th death Celebration

Valeria has posed an excellent question.

"And for the public celebration? Do you know if are in program titled place or way or another important thing ? "

I do not have the funds or the connections to make this possible.  If I did, this is what I would do:

I would produce a concert in the Glenn Gould Studio at the C.B.C.  The first half of the program would consist of Bach pieces in Glenn Gould's favourite key - F minor.  The 2 Part Invention, the Sinfonia, the F minor Preludes and Fugues from both books of the W.T.C. and the F minor Harpsichord Concerto.  The second half of the program would be GG's own compositions.  The night would end with a rousing rendition of "So you want to write a fugue" sung by members of this list.  I'm an alto.  Who wants to sign up for soprano, tenor and bass?

Anne Smith