Re: GG: End of Concerts Possible??

>But right or wrong, the mainstream of music culture has always centered
>around the live performance. Even if it's a pain in the butt for the
>performers, it's a thrill like no other musical thrill for the audience.

While I think this may be true for lots of contemporary music - you just
can't get the same volume / get away with the same amount of jumping
around in you living room (and some of the performers may even enjoy
doing their job :). On the other hand, I have found most 'classical'
concerts I've been to disappointing. This is partly to it being less
comfortable but I think mainly due to the fact that I always think it is
not loud enough (which may be due to the location on the seats I can
afford). A notable exception to these objections were The Proms in
London, where you can sit on the floor/stand, right at the front for less
money than watching a film at cinema :)

--
Sven-S. Porst . PGP: 0x0085ABA3 . http://homepage.mac.com/ssp
                                     "I know what's going on!"