GG playing Bach "songs" off the record

Zeldah asked:
>On the Two Portraits Glenn Gould video....does anyone
>know what Bach song it is that he is playing after the scene when he
>talks to Franz Kraemer? It's a really slow and beautiful song that I wish to
>find the music for...I doubt anyone will know it, but I figured I'd ask
>in case there might be one soul here who does.

In "Off the Record" GG plays the Contrapunctus #1 from the Art of Fugue
and the Sinfonia of the Partita #2 in C minor.

"Doubt anyone will know it"?!  These pieces are the core of the
harpsichord repertoire I play....  :)

The way GG plays that Contrapunctus on there _is_ extraordinarily slow and
intense.

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
home: http://i.am/bpl  or  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot