GG's Idyll

I know GG's version of the Siegfried Idyll is controversial
among critics and the like... but despite that, what do you
think about his version of the piece? (I'm talking about
the version he conducted, but opinions about the piano
transcription are welcome as well.)

I loved the description that called it the "lushest" version
of the Idyll. It isn't the sort of piece I can listen to
just any time. And of course, it is far from a "standard"
adaptation of the piece! When listening to it, I feel as if
I'm listening to something that normal human hearing can't
always grasp. Yet I think it sounds lovely.

OTOH I'm sure there are some on the list who think that GG
took the word "Idyll" a little too close to heart. ;->

Anne M. Marble