Sviatoslav Richter - Bruno's latest book

Hey There!

Sorry to divert away from the McCluhan topic for a
brief min. but has anyone else read Bruno Monsaigeon's
latest book on Sviatoslav Richter? It's loosely based
around the film that they made together and is truly
wonderful. It includes Richter's personal opinions on
various recordings and performances he heard
throughout his lifetime; Glenn Gould is mentioned a
few times ( although Richter doesn't approve of
Gould's ignoring the repeats in Bach! ) He obviously
has great admiration for Gould philosophically and
artistically, but nevertheless still maintains " I t
is not MY Bach".
Highly recommended to anyone interested in great
artists. I liked it so much that I wrote to B.M to
thank him for such great work ( both the stunning film
and book ). He sent a lovely reply back - I was
overjoyed!

Natalie

xxxx