GG: policy on conduct of discussion

As listowner, I think Anne has beat me the send button on this one.

This is a civil space for people to speak about Gould -- in whatever
fashion-- civilly. Nastiness is grounds for suspension from the list and
if you don't like a topic, I suggest you either delete the message or page
through it if you receive the digest.

That said, it seems some buttons have been pushed and I for one LOVE
conversations where we have to explore things that set us on edge a
little-- it's more informative somehow, more engaging and fun.  There are
about 7 years in the digest of who we think Glenn Gould "really is" as a
man-- why not talk about what he means as a cultural icon? . Let's shake
things up a little-- add some pepper to the eggs so to speak. Heh heh.
Mind you, serious musical conversationalists are, as always, beloved to
me...

Mary Jo Watts,
listowner, f_minor
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu