Re: FW: Gould-cult...

I was just about ready to unsubscribe before I heard all this. I felt as if I couldn't openly talk about Glenn without the fear of someone else thinking my comments were that of a childish, obsessive, and unintelligent fan adoring him for all the wrong reasons. I know that this isn't true about myself, but I didn't feel like battling with people everytime I want to express the way I felt about him or even just share a picture. I have been punished (for saying and thinking nothing wrong) with snobby comments in response to more than 90 percent of my discussions.

Everything that you guys have been saying in those last few posts about Glenn though, are incredible observations and opinions and I agree with them.

If Glenn only wanted to be admired for his music, he wouldn't have tried so hard to accomplish other things such as becoming a writer or tv show filmer or whatever, etc. Because someone else doesn't find these other aspects of himself worthy of a title (composer, writer, philosopher) doesn't mean that others don't have the right to acknowledge and love those works of his in that area. I actually love his writings and agree with tons of his theories. (Except the one where recordings will take over performances...)

He also wanted to write a biography of himself. Not a  biography about his life as a musician , but in fact a biography about his life! He wanted to become immortal not just through piano playing.

Anyway, I have nothing else to add because I feel that this discussion has been perfectly established by the others who gave extremely long but beautiful writings in response. It was necessary.  :)

I hope no one else is afraid to speak about Glenn in his other talents and beauties.

Zeldah

PS.) Here is a picture, http://www.hanson.net/users/zeldah/Glenn60.jpg