Re: Gould-cult...

I expressed my opinion and opinions shouldn't be taken as criticism instantly. I
am interested in main traits of Gould's personality to understand his art better
but the accent on his supposed sexuality was the last straw to me and I
"trolled" a bit :))

>Besides, Glenn Gould wanted to be remembered as more than just a pianist

Interesting. He wasn't just a pianist - he was a musician but what was he else?
As far as I know he wasn't a great composer, theorist, conductor, humanist,
philanthropist, writer, painter... Being a musician does not seem insufficient
for me. There are quite few musicians around the world.

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/141/juozas_rimas.html