Re: What are HICCUPS? (Re: GG: Creaking Chair and Other Extraneous Thingies)

From: Juozas Rimas <JuozasRimas@TAKAS.LT>

> > What I can't get over are piano "hiccups" Is it the Toccata-Disc which
is

> What exactly do you mean by "hiccups"?

Well, you see, sometimes Glenn ate his scrambled eggs too quickly and...
Look, you know somebody had to say it, I figured I might as well get it out
of the way now.

Seriously now, the hiccups are the unusual sounds made by the piano keys.
The most notable recording hiccup-wise is the Sinfonia recording. The sound
was the result of damage to the piano (CD 318) from its being dropped
(gasp!), purpotedly by Steinway employees (*), and/or the adjustments made
to the piano to try to heal it.

(*) Steinway denied having anything to do with the incident. I think they
may have tried to blame Gary Condit and/or the man on the grassy knoll.

------
Anne M. Marble
Learn more about Holly Lisle's Forward Motion Writing Community at
http://hollylisle.com/fm/1Community/index.html